If we do not meet any of these standards, and we are notified in writing and we do not rectify or have a strategy to resolve the matter within 4 business days, we will provide you with 1 month free management fee*
- The highest standards of honesty, integrity and professional practice will be conducted in compliance with the Real Estate and Business Agents ‘Code of Conduct’.
- Our office hours are 8.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
- We will respond to emails within 1 business day.
- We will respond to telephone messages within 1 business day.
- We will promptly advise you of any pertinent matters affecting your property or the tenancy.
- All requests of you will be made in writing
- All instructions from you will be taken in writing
- We will always act or make recommendations that are in YOUR best interests
- All and any complaints received in writing (i.e. letter or email) will be acknowledged within 1 business day.
- All telephone complaints shall be followed up with a request for written confirmation.
DOCUMENTATION AND CORRESPONDENCE
- We will provide all documentation in clear and concise English.
- We will ensure that all documentation is accurate and complete and complies with the Residential Tenancies Act of the Northern Territory.
- Copies of all documents that we sign on your behalf as agent will be available to you
MARKETING YOUR PROPERTY ‘FOR LEASE’
- We will place a listing for your property on the relevant real estate websites and each listing will include a minimum of 8 photographic images of the property
- We will conduct the necessary number of private viewings of your property until it is leased
- We will update you on the status of your property on a regular basis
- We will return all prospective tenant enquiries within 1 business day.
LEASING YOUR PROPERTY
- All information and references provided by tenancy applicants will be verified by us within 48 hours of receipt (business days).
- All tenancy applicants will be screened on the national tenancy databases to which we subscribe
- Unless you instruct otherwise, all potentially suitable tenancy applications will be referred to you for a decision
- We will lease your property for the rental amount nominated in the management authority between us or higher if the market justifies and the property will not be leased for a lower amount without your prior approval.
- We will follow up all overdue rent payments in accordance with the Residential Tenancies Act as in force June 2015.
- An RT03 – Notice to Remedy Breach shall be issued upon the tenant reaching 15 days ( earliest allowable under the RTA) in arrears
- Should termination of the tenancy be necessary, we will seek your instruction and keep you informed throughout the entire process.
- All monies received by us will be banked into your nominated bank account as per the payment interval option you select on your management authority.
- A monthly statement accounting for all transactions shall be provided electronically upon processing of the month end payment.
REPAIRS AND MAINTENANCE
- All non-urgent repair written requests from tenants will be processed within two working days of receipt.
- We will attend to any urgent* repair requests within four business hours of receipt. * Urgent repairs as defined on Consumer Affairs website
- All reasonable steps will be taken to obtain the best pricing for your repairs and maintenance.
- We will hold invoices for all work arranged on your behalf, and can provide you with copies at any time if requested.
- We will review the tenancy agreement for your property not less than sixty (60) days prior to its expiry.
- We will provide a market review of the rental and seek your instruction before the any lease is reoffered to the tenant.
- You will be advised if the tenant does not want to renew their tenancy agreement.
- Unless instructed otherwise, we will carry out at least three periodic inspections of your property over a twelve month period.
On receipt of a tenant vacating notice we will:
- Advise you by phone, letter or email.
- Confirm the details in writing to both you and the tenant.
- List the property on our website & put the agreed advertising plan into effect within 1 working day of instruction.
- Prepare all necessary vacating documentation.
- Arrange access for viewings by prospective tenants.
AFTER THE TENANT VACATES THE PROPERTY:
- Process the tenant’s bond refund as soon as possible.
- If deductions from the rental bond are considered necessary, full details will be provided to both you and the tenant.
PROPERTY DISBURSEMENTS AND END OF MONTH STATEMENTS
- All agreed property disbursements will be paid on your behalf prior to the due date (subject to the availability of funds).
- We will provide you with an accurate annual income and expenditure Statement within 5 days of the end of the financial year.
* This Guarantee does not apply when:
- We are requested to carry out non-standard duties
- Relates to owner arranged maintenance and / or owner arranged contractors or repair time frames
- Matters are outside our control. For example, a natural disaster or accident
- Letting only arrangements